1) License to organise a public performance not requiring the opinion of the Security Committee with application of TITLE IX Italian Ministerial Decree of 19th August 
When it is needed
- If the event is held in an OPEN SPACE
N.B.: courtyards, yards, spaces marked off by fencing or similar, are examples of CLOSED SPACES and as such fall into the next category (Procedure requiring the Opinion of the Security Committee)
- and all the following conditions are fulfilled:
- there are NO structures for the public, such as stands and seats;
- stages, platforms, structures and electrical equipment, including equipment for sound amplification, are positioned in areas that cannot be accessed by the public (e.g. surrounded by barriers).
N.B. Organisers of large-scale events requiring large spaces (squares, for instance) and utilising a stage and powerful sound amplification systems, irrespective of the presence of structures for hosting the public (seats, stands, etc.), need to submit a request with accompanying documents to the Security Committee.
What to do
Fill in section 9 of the Integrated Form.
2) License to organise a public performance requiring the opinion of the Security Committee
When it is needed
- If the event is held in a CLOSED SPACE
N.B. even a courtyard, yard or open area surrounded by fencing or other
- or if even only one of the following conditions is fulfilled:
- there are structures for the public, such as stands and seats, and barriers
- stages, platforms, structures and electrical equipment, including equipment for sound amplification, are positioned in areas that can be accessed by the public
What to do
Fill in section 10 of the Integrated Form, attaching three copies of the following obligatory documents, and also the necessary documents indicated in the booklet “Rules and Technical documents accompanying the requests to start conformity to standards procedures”:
See Attachment 5) “Rules and Technical documents accompanying the requests to start conformity to standards procedures”
- Descriptive technical report, signed by a qualified technician, highlighting:
- the type of performance and the methods used to carry it out,
- the fire-resistance requirements of the structural elements,
- the characteristics of reaction to fire;
- Graphic printouts, scale 1:100 of the area/space, signed by a qualified technician and highlighting:
- Movement of people,
- Seating layout,
- the entrances and emergency exits with evacuation routes,
- the layout of fittings and structures,
- the location of toilets;
- General description of each type of installed structure, signed by a qualified technician and indicating:
- the materials and methods used,
- the loads and overloads,
- the anchoring methods,
Two copies of the following documents are also needed: the declaration of structure suitability for the forecasted loads and the Electrical system project.
Should art. 4 letter b) of Italian Presidential Decree 311/2001 be applied, please attach a sworn report signed by a qualified technician certifying that the configuration, structures and systems approved by the Municipal/Provincial Security Committee have not changed from the previous performance. The Security Committee minutes approving the previous performance need not be dated earlier than two years before the performance takes place, and a copy of those minutes needs to be attached.
The necessary documentation for evaluation by the Committee must be produced at least 12 days before the event.
The Security committee evaluates the documents and:
a. gives a positive or negative opinion
b. determines possible limitations
c. carries out an inspection , the result of which may require the documentation below:
- Static stability test certificate, signed by a qualified technician, for all the installed structures.
- Declaration of correct installation and assembling for each installed structure, signed by a qualified technician.
- Declaration of electrical system compliance from the power supply source as per Italian Ministerial Decree 37/08. The declaration needs to be signed by the installation firm. Alternatively, a test report signed by a qualified technician needs to be attached.
This declaration of compliance must include the obligatory attachments and the an up-to-date system plan signed by a qualified technician, along with a technical report indicating the type of materials used and any technical data sheets and certificates regarding the materials themselves. When electrical systems derive from an existing fixed system, a qualified technician must issue a declaration stating that the whole system, starting from the power supply source of the fixed system, complies with laws in force. The fixed system declaration of compliance and the documents confirming that maintenance and periodic checks have been carried out correctly must always be available.
- Written approvals of the fire reaction class of the covering materials and the fittings used, together with the declaration of compliance and a declaration indicating that the usage conditions and laying of the materials comply with those indicated in the relevant written approvals. Moreover, written approvals, declarations of conformity and correct installation are also needed for doors and, when installed, fire-resistant curtains.
- Declaration of compliance for the gas system in line with UNI-CIG standards. Where required, the document certifying that the gas system plan was delivered to the Fire Brigade Headquarters will also need to be presented.
N.B. In areas with a total capacity that is equal or less than 200 people, the Municipal Security Committee tests and inspections (but not the Opinion) are replaced by a technical report drawn up by a qualified professional. 
Please note that if the documents concerning the structure/s to be installed are written in a language that is not Italian, a declaration signed by a qualified technician certifying the compliance of those structure/s to Italian laws need also be presented.
N.B. In the case of theatre, cinema events and conventions/conferences (for which the Security Committee issues a Temporary certificate of compliance , as well as for temporary performances/events with a maximum of 200 participants and which end before midnight on the same day as when they began (in which case the public performance license is replaced by the SCIA), please fill in section 12 of the Integrated Form.
 Approval of the technical fire prevention regulation for the design, construction and use of entertainment and public performance areas published in Official Gazzette no. 214 of 12th September 1996
 Art. 141 of Royal Decree 635 dated 6th May 1940 as modified by art. 1 of Italian Presidential Decree no. 293 of 6th November 2002, “For premises and venues with a total capacity equal to or less than 200 people, the checks and inspections as indicated in point 1 are replaced (whereas current hygiene regulations remain unchanged) by a technical report written by a professional who is registered in the register of engineers, architects or industrial consultants which confirms that the premises or venue comply with the technical regulations established by the Decree of the Ministry of the Interior.”
 Art. 68 of TULPS as modified by art. 164 point 3 of Italian Legislative Decree no. 112 of 31st March 1998;